Saturday, February 3, 2007

BodyLinx™ Magnetic Bracelets and Pain Relief

At BodyLinx™, there's not a lot of propaganda about pain relief and the power of magnetic therapy. We keep that on the down low.

You know why? Because we like to let customers tell their own stories about wearing BodyLinx™ magnetic bracelets. We don't need to say anything ourselves--just share what others tell us!

Last week, one of our customers--who happens to be a freelance writer--wrote to tell us she had done an article and mentioned her BodyLinx™ magnetic bracelet. We were thrilled!

Dinah's article was distributed by Gannett News Service to over 100 newspapers across the US.
Here's what she wrote:

Aches and pains hold blessings, too
Posted by the Asbury Park Press on 01/24/07

I was trapped. The man in the row behind me was coughing up a storm. A fellow in the row in front of me was doing the same. Germs in stereo on a three-hour plane ride.

Everywhere you turn, people are sick these days. Call it the winter cold and flu season, nature's way of ensuring that workaholics take a break, or just plain bad luck, it's hard to escape when your body stops behaving normally.

I haven't had the flu in several years, so when I started coming down with the chills, cough and fever, I thought, "I'll kick this in a couple of days, and everything will be fine."

But even with the antibiotics, Tylenol and decongestant/cough medication, I could barely move from the bed to the bathroom for the first two days. I drank liquids constantly, and tried to find a position where I could breathe and sleep at the same time.

The first night, I stuck two pillows behind me, and tried to visualize lounging on a peaceful beach. When that didn't work, I added a third pillow, propping me up a bit more. As I closed my eyes, I pretended I was flying business class to Europe. Sadly, the only position that ended up working was sitting up nearly bolt upright. Definitely a coach class seat.

Why do people have to travel when they're sick anyway? Can they not do themselves and healthy people a favor by postponing their trip until they're well? OK, I'm being grouchy. That's what happens when you're sleep deprived and ache all over.

Oddly enough, one part of me that doesn't ache is my right wrist, where I had decided to try wearing a magnetic bracelet. I've been intrigued by studies that show how magnet therapy may help relieve the pain of arthritis, and since my wrist often hurts from too much typing, I started wearing one by BodyLinx™.

While the company makes no claims about pain relief, it was actually quite soothing when I was running a fever to put on the cold bracelet. The metal warmed to skin temperature quickly, and while it may all have been in my head — goodness knows, it felt like everything else was — my wrist pain went away. Of course I also stayed off the computer as much as I could as well.

Lying in bed one night, I tried to think of all the good things that come from being sick. You don't eat as much. You have an excuse not to talk to people you don't want to talk to. You're forced to figure out what's expired in your drug cabinet and throw it out. You realize how fortunate you are when you're healthy.

Life always manages to bring us what we need in order to better understand others and ourselves. So I guess it's no surprise that no one is immune to illness. We have to get sick now and then because it reminds us we are not invincible, and that we need others to survive.

Living alone, I feel fortunate that several friends volunteered to go to the store if I needed anything and that a couple of my sisters called every other day to check on me from afar.

I admit that part of the reason I'm generally a bad patient is that I so rarely get sick, I forget the misery of stuffy heads, dripping noses and hacking coughs. I forget that once the medicine starts to clear your sinuses, you have to keep drinking water, or you'll get dehydrated and congested again.

Now that I'm on the mend, I just hope it's a long time before I have to remember this stuff again.

Dinah Eng is a freelance writer. She can be reached at betweenustwo@earthlink.net.

No comments: