Wednesday, February 28, 2007

BodyLinx™ Does Not Make Magnetic Paper--But Somebody Else Does!


I've mentioned that I'm kind of a nut when it comes to all things magnetic. So, I'm pretty excited about the debut of magnetic paper.
It's called MagneCote, and it is paper that can be printed on and then stuck to any metallic surface. You can perforate it, you can sheet-feed it or die-cut it, you can even laminate it--and it stays magnetic!
The Magnecote people use a secret process so that the paper can survive the roughest treatment this side of ripping. And it's not just in 8.5x11 size. Companies are already using MagneCote as coupons, calendars, and even business cards.
MagneCote comes from Glatfelter, a specialty paper company that sells a variety of papers to companies all around the world. The magnetic paper is available to businesses only for right now, but I'm looking forward to the day when I can play with my own magnetic paper!

No comments: